Saturday, November 12, 2022

November 12, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Mississippi.

I never dreamed that I would ever live in Mississippi.  But I like it here.

I like my house, which overlooks the reservoir.  And the house is not grand but I have everything I need on the main level.  Downstairs I have a guest room with a full bath, Ken's office with another full bath.  Ken also enjoyed the solarian overlooking the water where he could watch and hear the fishermen.  There is also a small television room plus a furnace room.  I never venture down.  It makes me feel sad.

I also like the neighborhood which is quiet and safe.  My across the street neighbor is wonderful and helps me in many ways.

The people who live in Mississippi are gracious and friendly.  And literate.  You can discuss books with anyone.  Musicians, writers and artists are everywhere.  And I have enough good friends to keep me happy. From my standpoint, I see no racial tensions.  So I also like the people in Mississippi.

I can not attend right now, but there is a theater, a symphony, and two ballet schools who put on shows.  And touring musicals come to town too.  So there is plenty to do if you live here.

I am surprised that I like living in Mississippi.  Of course, I am never here in the summer or winter.  At some point, when I can no longer gallivant around, I will be living in Mississippi full time.  Then perhaps I will not enjoy the weather.  But at the moment, all is well with me and Mississippi. 

No comments: