Monday, November 28, 2022

November 29, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Tasks.

Abe is visiting me here in Mississippi specifically to recover from his hernia surgery, which he had done in Indiana..  So he is supposed to be resting most of the time.  But truth be told, he just can not help himself  from being helpful and fining tasks needing of fixing.  

The first thing Anna and Abe did was to fix the arm of my computer chair.  It was wiggling.  She Abe found the correct screwdriver, while anna actually did the work.  Now both my arms are steady.  Next was my toilet seat.  My seat had gotten off kilter and Anna fixed it so now it is straight.  The first time they went out to the back deck they struggled to get the door open.  It was stuck.  So with Abe telling Anna what to do my door now opens easily.  "If I was well, I would fix them both properly", said Abe.  But that must wait for another visit.

I have a dimmer switch in the dining room.  Both Anna and Abe were pouring over my Atlas to mark their routes during they time in the US.  They use the GPS which does not tell them what is around them.  So they had the light up bright.  When Abe went to turn off the switch, he discovered that the switch was hot. So he asked Portia to get another switch, and promptly replaced the switch.  Actually, the problem was the grounding.  Now that switch does not get warm, let alone hot.

So Abe is resting and recuperating.  But he also has completed many tasks.  For that, I am grateful.

No comments: