Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November 15, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. An Excursion.

Two weeks ago, Christ and I had planned  on an  excursion to Natchez.  And we were taking lunch at the Magnolia Grill.  But I was sick so had to cancel.  We rescheduled for two weeks.  So today was the day.  When yesterday came along, I knew I could not manage a drive to Natchez so I suggested that we drive on the Natchez Trace along the Reservoir.  So that was the plan.

I am still not really up to snuff so I almost cancelled.  But Portia urged me to go  as I have been in the house for three weeks.  So I went.  I am still coughing a lot, especially when talking.  But we had a good day.  No rain but overcast so perfect for a drive in the country.  There were almost no cars on the Trace.  Then after another 15 minutes on the Trace, we turned east, then south and enjoyed highway 25 as we wended our way back to Jackson.

We decided I was up for lunch so we went to a Thai restaurant in Madison.  We left at 10:30 and returned home at 1:30.  And I did well.   Then I slept for 2 hours. 

No comments: