Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November 30, 2022. The Worker Bee.

 Today was a beautiful day full of sunshine and breezes.  Abe is enjoying the weather here in Mississippi so he wanders around outside, just looking.  Both yesterday and today Anna and Abe went for a long walk, which means he is getting better.  But he is still not supposed to begin any real work.  But you can not hold him back.

This afternoon I saw him fiddling with my front door.  In order to close it properly, you had to close the door with a bit of a band.  If you just close the door quietly, the door opens by itself.  So Abe fixed it.  Now no matter how you close the door, it stays closed.  I asked him about working and he assured me that he did not stretch or strain.  "Now it is fixed," he said.

Then later in the afternoon I could hear a machine from outside.  I asked Anna what Abe was doing.  But she did not know.  Eventually he came inside and I asked him about the machine outside.  He laughed and told me to listen carefully for the man blowing his leaves next door.   Then he admitted that he had blown the leaves on my property.  So he fixed it even though he knows he is not supposed to be working.  Clearly he is doing well.  His recuperation in Mississippi has been a success.

Anna has been my helper in Nova Scotia the past four years.  Abe is her husband.  I knew he was a worker bee but I have never seen anyone quite like him.  Now I wonder what he would do to fix my house if he was well?

No comments: