Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November 1, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Winning & Losing.

 I have never understood why you feel bad when your favorite team does not win.  Or why you are elated when your favorite team wins.  After all, nothing happens to you whether or not your team wins or loses.  I do not bet so I have no reason to care.  But we do.

I talked with my friend Carolyn last week.  She attended college at LSU and she was born and raised in Baton Rouge.  So I asked her if she follows LSU football.  And she does.  She watched their games unless they are losing.  Then she switches channels.  She loves to watch them win but refuses to watch if they are not winning.  

This Saturday was a bonanza of winning.  Baylor won.  Ol Miss won.  Jackson State won.  Houston Astros baseball team won.  Everyone I knew was happy.  It did not make a dimes difference whether these teams won or lost but we all feel happier when our teams win.  It makes no sense.  But who cares.

No comments: