Friday, November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Taking a Rest.

 When Ken was recovering at home in Mississippi, after his illness in Mexico, he commented that getting better seems the same as watching paint dry.  You know it is happening but it is difficult to notice.  This week, Christina mentioned that I could try to get more rest.  I am not in love with resting but I decided to give it a try.  On Thursday  morning, while I was still eating breakfast, I fell asleep while reading so I decided to go to the recliner and put up my feet.  I slept for 2 hours.  Then I returned to finish my breakfast.

By then, it was time to have a real nap so once again, at 3:30, I took to the recliner.  And I slept for another 2 hours.  Next up I drank my orange drink, meta mucil.  And I watched baseball and ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup later in the evening.  I only walked to get around the house.  I did no exercises or sustained walking.  In other words, I took a rest most of the day.  Today I felt the same as yesterday so again I did nothing strenuous.  And I cancelled all appointments this week.  Christina will also bring brunch to my house so I can continue to rest.  But by Monday, I will stop this resting business.

The rain has just started to fall and tomorrow we are supposed to rain all day.  The oncologist thinks  I have a bad case of allergies so perhaps the rains will send all the allergic things away.  I have stopped taking the meds given to me by the neurologist because it made my legs shaky.  I am still not recovered.  But with the rain coming, the air will be clean.  Perhaps I will stop coughing.  I have had just about all the rest that I can tolerate.

No comments: