Wednesday, November 2, 2022

November 2, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. The Doctor Appointment.

This morning I had an appointment with Dr.Sheehan, my oncologist.  Two weeks ago, I started on a new chemotherapy plus a new hormone.  Neither of my old ones were working.  Unfortunately, I had come down with a bad cold so I got checked over.  Fortunately, I had no Covid.  Also no flu.  And my chest X-ray was clear.  I have no fever.   So that was good.  My sugar numbers were high.  And of course, my white cells are low, 2.1 today so I must continue to be careful around lots of people.

I have no idea how I caught a cold.  I have not seen anyone since I arrived in Mississippi.  And I have never been around people.  But I am coughing and sneezing so I cancelled my activities this week.  I had a busy week ahead of me too.  I have seen Christina and the girls on Sunday at brunch.  And I see Portia on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  But they are all healthy.  And when I went to my doctor appointments I wear a mask.  Who knows how I caught a cold?  With my immune system, the nurse suggested that my cold may take awhile to recover.  Today I felt miserable.

But I am counting on feeling better tomorrow.  After all, it is a week since I first had symptoms.  My doctor appointment went well  although I have lesions in my mouth from the chemo.  My observation has always been to get another appointment from the one today.  First I had my nose swabbed to check for Covid and the flu.  And I had to have a chest X-ray.  My appointment was for 8:50.  We got home at 1:00. So my  question is this: if everything checked out negative, why do I feel so miserable?  The good doctor had no answers.

No comments: