Monday, November 7, 2022

November 7, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Getting Better.

How do you know if you are getting better?  Years ago, I had the flu and I stayed home in bed.  One day, Ken came home from work and asked me how I was doing.  So I told him that I was still resting in bed.  He asked me is I had a fever and I said no.  So he told me that I had been sick long enough to have recovered.  So he urged me to get out of bed and start regular activities.  Much to my surprise, he was right.  I was fine.  But Ken is not here to tell me anything.  So I must figure it out on my own.

Portia, my helper told me today that my cough is still the same as Friday.  Not good.  I am still blowing my nose especially after a bout of coughing.  I still have no fever.  My legs continue to be weak and shaky.  I am taking two naps a day.  I struggle to get any walking done in the day.  Last week, I cancelled all my engagements which did not please me.  On Wednesday, friend Lisa will come for coffee so I will see how I manage.  

So I have no idea what is the matter with me.  And I have no idea when I will get better.  Where is Ken when I need him? 

No comments: