Saturday, November 19, 2022

November 19, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Mississippi Friends.

I do not have many friends in Mississippi.  But the ones I have are stellar.  

Friday, Greta Barbour and John brought lunch at 12:30.  They picked up food at the Alladin, a Meditarean restaurant in the Fondren area of Jackso, very close to their home.  I enjoyed their visit thoroughly but what I enjoyed most was the conversation.  I was staring seeing my friend.  For the first two weeks I had appointments with doctors.  Then I got too sick to visit with anyone so I cancelled all the engagements I had set up for lunches and coffee.  But after resting, this week I arranged for friends to visit.  And so we had lunch at my house.

I had not seen Greta Barbour and John since I left in Mid May so we had a lot of things to discuss.  I needed to be kept up to date with the lives of their children.  And John's father has been fighting cancer and is getting worn down by the chemo.  John makes a winter garden at their home and he is busily harvesting different types of squash.  Our conversation was wide ranging.  They both their full meal but I was more interested in them than their food.

I ate after they left at 2:30 and I ate a second meal today.  I still have more food for tomorrow too.  I am grateful for my friends in Mississippi.

No comments: