Tuesday, November 22, 2022

November 22, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Cleaning the Vents.

Irene and I thought it as a good idea to clean out my air vents.  We have never had them done and I feel sure the former owners never did.  So Monday, my ac and heating contractor came to do the job.  They have a power scrubber that gets all the dust off the walls of the vents.  Then they suck out all the junk using a powerful vacuum.  He thought it would take two days.  But he was finished in one long day.  I do not have a lot of furniture to move so the job went quicker.  And he reduced the price.  He carried out multiple bags of dust and he assured me that I would notice a difference.  

Today I was amazed at the difference.  I have a ceiling fan in the living room, which I never use.  I am not a fan of fans.  But this morning, my fan was running very slowly.  I thought that the cleaning lady must have turned on a switch so had Portia check all the switches.  Nothing  .  And then the fan slowly stopped. The next time the heat went on, Portia noticed the fam moving.  We realized that the increase in air flow from the clean vents was making the fan runs.  I was amazed with the difference.  All of a sudden, my air flow was dramatically stronger.  My contractor was correct.  Clean vents made a big difference in my home.  

No comments: