Wednesday, November 9, 2022

November 9, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Social Life.

Ken and I always kept up an active social life.  We entertained and we were in turn entertained.  And we always attended plates and concerts.  But as we got old, our social life decreased.  We still entertained a lot in Nova Scotia but not much anywhere else.  But since my immune system  became low, we stopped attending big parties.  We still had friends for dinner but never with big groups.  And we attended dinner parties at friends homes when we knew who would be coming.  

Since I am alone, my social life is limited to lunch with friends, which I enjoy.  I do not have many friends in Mississippi, but I have good friends and they keep my amused and happy.  But  since I have been coughing, my social life has come to a screeching halt.  Since the past 10 days, I have been cancelling events.  Just today, friend Lisa was coming for coffee at my house but last evening I cancelled.  I was just not up to company.  I am still taking two naps a day.  Christina has urged me to take more rest inorder to get better.  Portia says the same.   But so far it has not worked.

So my paltry social life in Mississippi has been reduced to zero.  And of course, my walking program is non existent.  I just walk to get around the house.  But I am counting on a better week.  Cancelling a date is not my favorite activity.

No comments: