Friday, November 18, 2022

November 18, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Doctors.

 Portia, my new and excellent helper, commented  to me that she was looking forward  to my appointment with my Oncologist on Wednesday.  I laughed and asked her what she expects will happen when we meet with Dr. Sheehan.  Portia said that she expected the doctor will find out what was the matter.  She clearly has an elevated opinion about doctors.  I urged her to lower her expectations.  And suggested that the good doctor will have no clue why I was feeling so miserable.

So we met with Dr. Sheehan who had no clue as to what was the matter with me.  But she ordered a Ct scan  that day and she wanted more blood  to obtain different tests  So Portia and I went out to lunch then returned for the scan.  So I had twice taken blood and now the nurses needed to insert the dye into my veins, which they struggled to accomplish.  After thirty minutes of beating on my arms I decided that at some point in the neat future,  I was going to stop gelling all those high tech tests.

Turns out that the scan showed a pneumonia so the doctor prescribed an antibiotic which my neighbor picked up that afternoon.  So I was wrong and Portia was right.  Now I just need to get better.

No comments: