Wednesday, November 23, 2022

November 24, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Anna and Abe.

 This summer, I invited Anna and Abe to come to Mississippi so Abe could recover  from hernia surgery.  It seemed like an impossible dream.  But it has happened, just as we dreamed.  Abe had his surgery in Indiana on Monday.  The doctors told them that there would be no problem for Abe to travel right after surgery.  So they drove four and a half hours before stopping for the night.  Anna drove while Abe rested while recling in the front seat.

The next day they drove the five and a half hours to my home in Mississippi.  They arrived at 4:30.  We were all so pleased with their arrival.  What seemed like a pipe dream has become reality.  Abe is a worker bee and I know if they returned to their family in Pennsylvania Abe would be tempted to begin working.  But here he has nothing to do except rest.  He is doing well, taking a nap both morning and afternoon.

Anna is looking after Abe, changing his dressing once a day along with everything else.  In addition, Anna is looking after me, which she was not expecting to be a part of the visit.  But she is a good soul so she has taken on the task.  I am back to soaking my foot, except now I must soak three times a day plus take an antibiotic.  And she is doing all the cooking.  I bought frozen meat from Omaha Steaks so the freezer if full of chops, steaks etc. 

Before they arrived Anna wanted to know how they could contribute to the food.  I told her not to worry.  I will provide the food if you will cook and clean up.  And she is doing a good job.  Our meals have been delicious.  Tonight we ate chicken, carrots and potatoes along with gravy.  Home cooked hot meals can not be beat.  Now they are settled into the house.  And I am enjoying their company.  It is a treat having them live in my house.

No comments: