Friday, January 11, 2019

January 11, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. More About Rosa.

Every time I visit Rosa sitting by the pool under her Palapa I find more interesting information. For instance, her house. She asked me if I lived in a one story house and I said yes. So I asked her the same question. She told me that when the children were at home they lived in a large four story home. "My husband was a builder. He built whatever we needed", said Rosa. Each of the five children had their own bedroom and bath. Whenever she needed more space, her husband just built another room. She said it was big and it was beautiful. But there were lots of stairs. But when the children were all gone, Rosa wanted a home on one level so Nico built her the next home, the one she lives in all by herself. She lives on 2 acres. Her yard is loaded with flowers. For 8 months of the year she works in her garden. No weeds in my garden she says. Her home has 6500 square feet on the main level, with the same on the lower level which is all fully furnished. She wanted enough space so the grandchildren could come and play and stay if they wished. And she cleans her own home. "Cleaning ladies do not get the job done, so I do it myself," said Rosa. She is an amazing lady. I suggested to her that she write down the story of her life, going all the way back k to her great grandparents. She just laughed but she did tell me that she has three books already completed containing photographs and explanations of her father, her mother and her grandfather. Every picture tells the name and date and relationship. She is also writing on the back of every object she owns in her home who will inherit that object. Her five children do not know she is doing it. But it is all written in her will, which she had written last year. She is 76 and healthy but she wants to be ready. She wants no friction with her five children. When we are alone, she talks to me about herself but when others are there, she does not say a word about herself. She told me she does not want anyone to know anything about her. She whispered to me, "I have beautiful objects but I only tell you." I feel honored to be her friend. And I am enjoying getting to know her.

No comments: