Monday, January 21, 2019

January 21, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Two for One.

The restaurant on the beach at our resort has a Happy Hour. For an hour, you get two drinks for the price of one. I knew the little bar at the hotel/timeshsre has a happy hour but I did not know about our own place, until today. I had chatted with Mavis and Barry in the hot tub and the pool. I have called them Mr. and Mrs. Kelowna because they live there. And of course I could not remember their names, even though I had chatted with them several times. Wendy and I were sitting by the pool late in the afternoon. I waved as they walked toward us and they sat down to chat. After a few minutes they invited us to go to the beach restaurant to have a two for one drink. They had just been told about the routine so they wanted to check it out. So we three joined them. Much to our surprise, the place was popping and almost full. They close at 6:00 so we had only five minutes to order our drink, which we did. Both Wendy and Ken along with Mavis and Barry ordered just one drink, which was smart. As I was by myself and ordered a beer I was given two bottles of Pacifico. I barely can drink one bottle of beer, let alone two, but Ken and Wendy helped me out. And I finally know the names of Mr. and Mrs. Kenowna. They are interesting, nice people and we enjoyed our time with them. Barry rents a unit from an owner who only comes in the summer for 6 months. Barry rents the other months and has done so for many years. Pretty good situation as he has a long term contract. One of the pleasant aspects of life at Playa is the interesting people we meet. We have added Barry and Mavis to that list.

No comments: