Friday, January 25, 2019

January 25, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Invitations.

Yesterday while by the pool, two different friends gave us an invitation to join them that evening. Without even asking Wendy or Ken, I declined for the three of us. The first invitation was to join Margaret and David to have dinner at a restaurant in Bucerias. They had mentioned the place to us a few nights ago and I commented that we had not eaten there. So they asked us to join them. My reason for declining was they were dining early. The excuse was that Ken had already decided and prepared dinner for us. I said no. Barry and Mavis were attending a market in Marina Vallarta later that afternoon so they suggested we go with them to the market and then stay for dinner. They were leaving at 4. As Wendy and Ken had been to town earlier in the day, I thought they would prefer to stay at the beach . So I declined the invitation. My real reason was that markets are difficult for me. I bump into people and I have trouble seeing what is in the little shops. I stayed by the pool. During the evening, Wendy and I talked over my reasons for declining the invitations. I finally decided that I have been in the habit for a few years of saying no. Ken had difficulty at night. I had a bad immune system. We stayed home. I suspect that I automatically say no, then find an excuse for not attending. In my new role as a widow, I probably should accept every invitation. That could be my New Years resolution. Seems reasonable. Time will tell.

No comments: