Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Pat and Tom.

Our date was at the Mexican restaurant on the second floor of the Mall. Pat and Tom took the bus from Puerto Vallarta where they live for two months while I came on the shuttle from Playa. They beat me. They were sitting waiting for me when I arrived. We met at 12:30 and we left at 3:45. And we talked the whole time. Of course, the food was good too but the most important part of lunch Wass seeing them. We usually see each other every year when we are both in PV. Last year we missed because Ken was sick and I was taking chemo. Today we got caught up. They had a splendid year in 2018. In January their whole family came to PV.. The year before we four explored option on bring family together. Ken and I suggested an all inclusive resort would work the best and that was what they did. Everyone had a fine time. Next Pat and Tom went to China on a guided tour. The company they booked with went bankrupt one month before the trip. Fortunately they got their money back from their credit card company. Fortunately they were able to book with another company. And they had a good time. Next time, Tom thinks they could manage on their own in China. They report that the development and growth was astonishing. Cities we do not know have 15 million people. They were amazed and impressed. Pat is a birder. They both went to Panama for a birding trip. They stayed in a remote resort. First a boat trip for 2 hours followed by a three hour hike through the jungle. The guides were cutting back the vines ahead of their walk. They lived in tents with a wooden platform. They were looked after well. And they were able to see the huge harp Eagle native to Panama. Ken and I had seen one in a huge aviary but they saw one in the wild, which is pretty special. I enjoyed myself with Pat and Tom today at lunch. For the record, Pat enjoyed her fish tacos and Tom and I the enchiladas. Flan for dessert. We three had a splendid time at the Mexican restaurant in the Mall. I await their plans for 2019.

No comments: