Monday, January 14, 2019

January 14, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Again, The Mega Store.

Wonderful Wendy and friend Ken took a taxi this morning to the Mega Store. Our fridge, freezer and pantry are not stocked for the next three weeks. For dinner tonight at home we ate veal and rice and beans. Everything was delicious. And ice cream for dessert. Ken has taken over the cooking but we intend to eat out as well to giver the poor fellow a break. He is the main cook at home too so he needs a break. They discovered several facts: Every soup contained MSG so inedible to Ken. Prices at the Mega is one third less than at our little market in the Plaza at Paradise Village, the market I do not like. And lastly, they figured out at least some of the prepared food and actually purchased things. The last time I was at the Mega store, Sara Lou and I looked at the vast number of items offered for sale that are prepared and ready to serve. People dish out what they want into a container then give it to the clerk who weighs it and puts on a price. Looks easy. My problem was that I could not tell what was being sold. Obviously I was in the minority because most people were taking lots. Wendy and Ken figured out some of the big bins. They brought home several containers of things they figured out. But several were not obvious so left the food at the store. They both liked the Mega. And I love having food in the fridge and the pantry. They even brought home arrowroots or something similar for me. Hats off to them and the Mega.

No comments: