Wednesday, January 9, 2019

January 9, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Lunch at the Golf Club.

Sara Lou and I are visiting all Ken and my favorite spots here at Paradise Village. I am trying to remember the fond memories and not dwell on the fact that we miss Ken's presence at our lunch. The setting was perfect sitting beside the railing overlooking the 18th hole. Many times Ken and I enjoyed having lunch sitting in the same spot. The weather was perfect today. And a Great Kiskadee even visited as we ate lunch. Our morning was lazy. Breakfast on the balcony lasted until 11:00. Then we took the 1:30 shuttle to the golf club. Fortunately we had no schedule because we got home at 4:00. Our lunch was delicious. In true Mexican style, the waiters do not rush you. It takes a bit to slow down to their speed. Once relaxed, we enjoyed the lack of rushing. I try to walk every day. My phone records my steps so if I have not walked enough before dinner, I walk on the balcony. For the past few years I have walked on the balcony. This year, if I am alone, I walk outside around the parking lot. If I am with a friends, I walk off our complex. Tonight I walked 6 laps on the balcony. Tomorrow we will try to take the trolley to have lunch on the other side of the canal, another favorite spot for lunch. Sara Lou and I had a pleasant day. Lunch at the golf club was delightful.

No comments: