Friday, January 4, 2019

January 3, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Sunsets.

Every sunset is different and every evening I am amazed. This evening I sat waiting for the sun to set but the sky was gray and black. All I could see was white, black and gray. The sun was nowhere in sight. To the right of where I sat on the balcony I could see white. I thought the sunset would be a bust so I came inside. Sara Lou was organizing her belongings. A few minutes later I looked out and the sky was ablaze with orange. On the right I could see aquamarine sky. And bright blue. The sun had set but the reflection on the clouds was dramatic and the sky was magnificent. Ten minutes later, the color was gone. A few nights ago when I was by myself I sat waiting for the sunset. Everything Wass black or white. No sun anywhere. Then a hole appeared through the black clouds and let through sunshine. The water directly in front of the sun turned blood red. It was amazing. The clouds were still dark black but the water on the horizon was bright red. I had to blink to make sure I was not making it up. The red water continued for a few minutes. Then everything was dark again. The sunset was not spectacular but it certainly was unusual. Rita took a picture of every sunset we saw from our balcony. Ian teased her about all the sunsets. But she was not deterred. She knew that every sunset was different and every sunset is beautiful. Each evening I am again amazed.

No comments: