Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Margaret and David.

Entertaining is a pleasure when a friend is visiting and she is a gracious southern lady. This evening my neighbors Margaret and David came for a drink with me and Sara Lou. I put out the olives and put the crackers on the serving tray. SLC cut the cheese and salami and arranged them tastefully on the tray. I put out the napkins. I served the beer to Margaret and David while Sara Lou fixed us a gin and tonic. The cocktail hour was splendid. All the hard work was done by my good friend and for that I am grateful. Margaret and David are good friends who live through the year in Kimberly, B.C. I do not know how we got to be good friends. They live here in Playa right next door to us. Other people live there while we are here but we never get to know them well, but we did get to know David and Margaret. Perhaps Ken and Margaret had a bond because they were both doctors. No matter, we like them a lot. They arrived on Saturday so tonight we had a drink together which we all enjoyed. Our cocktail hour stretched to 2. Their summer was free of accidents and they were both healthy. When they are here they use their bicycles and peddle all over. Most mornings they drive their bikes to Bucerias for breakfast. And they always go up and down the stairs rather than using the elevator. They are younger than us but not much but they certainly are fitter. Margaret rides a horse. David has instilled a train in their yard that runs on steam power. And he is installing a second one this year. Their home is on ten acres up the mountain from town, which is surrounded by mountains. Kimberly is a charming town. And they love Playa Royale. I am going out to dinner with them on Friday after Sara Lou leaves for home. I am delighted they are here and living next door.

No comments: