Friday, June 14, 2019

June 14, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Home At Last.

The day is gorgeous. Stiff breeze. Sunshine sparkling on the water. White caps as far as you can see. Just beautiful, Mary was waiting to greet me and carry my case upstairs. And Gill walked over to say hello too so we three friends got together for a chat. One of the pleasures is friends who can walk over to say hello. It is very special. I am weary today after my night at the airport. I hated to spend $400. for a three or four hours at the hotel. So I convinced myself that it would be fine. "How difficult could it be?" I asked myself. Well I found out. But I made it safe and sound and by tomorrow I will have fully recovered. I will go to bed early. Today I am puttering around and will do the same thing tomorrow. I am having a helper two days a week, Monday and Fridays. And she will work with me on Sunday to organize the garage and the deck furniture as well as attending to Ken's belongings. We will take his clothes to the Salvation Army Thrift store, which would please him. Mary and Gill both look good. Our season has started. Mary and Cliff have invited me along with Gill and Walt and Nary for a welcome to Western Head dinner. By then I will not be weary!!.

No comments: