Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 30, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Sutherland Family.

For the whole day I had them all by myself. And I have enjoyed every minute. Last evening at 7:30 after a long drive from Prince Edward Island, they arrived. By the time they organized their belongings into their respective rooms, dinner was late. The four children played games in the living room all the rest of the evening. We adults talked while the kids played. We have a chest full of games and they had fun with them. Dinner was easy: rotisserie chicken, salad and fresh baked bread, with carrot cake for dessert. We were all late going to bed. Today was a day to chill out. We talked some more, the kids played more games, Eleanor and Jim went for a walk, Ian and Godfrey explored the rocks and the bicycles, and we all watched the fog come in and go out. Before dinner Isabel, Gabriella and Ian played a rousing game of Monopoly. And they played Tatze after dinner. I came upstairs while the game was still in progress. Everyone had a happy day even though we did nothing unusual or exciting. Being together in a beautiful setting with the air cool was enough for the Mississippi family. Christina and the girls arrive in Halifax at 11:15 which means they will arrive here at almost 2:00. I have left the lights on for them, just in case I am sound asleep. I thoroughly enjoyed both the adults and friends from Mississippi. Now I am looking forward to having our Mississippi family join in the fun.

No comments: