Thursday, June 20, 2019

June 20, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. White Point Resort.

Today I had planned to take Peter out to lunch. He drives me to the Readers Festival so I wanted to thank him for driving me this summer in advance. I dressed for lunch, then discovered that he had to cancel and reschedule for next week. But I was left being all dressed up with nowhere to go. I felt bummed. So I called to see if I could take Mary and Walt out for lunch. Even though it was a spur of the moment, they were pleased to accompany me. I was delighted. The day was lovely so we decided to drive to White Point, which is about a 20 minute drive down the coast. We sat in the lounge area beside a big window and declared it the best seat in the house. I sat overlooking large rocks and the ocean with the sun coming and going during the meal. The spot was excellent as was the food. The menu is almost the same as last year which is fine. My brother Dave says it is now his favorite restaurant. The place looked good both inside and out. The parking lot seemed full which means they are staying busy. This lodge and resort has been in operation for over 100 years. After the fire, the main lodge is spiffy but comfortable. I was pleased to have lunch there today. This was a surprise because I was taking Peter to Lane's. The food and the company were all top drawer. I loved the drive and the scenery and food. It was a treat for me to have lunch at White Point today..

No comments: