Sunday, June 9, 2019

June 9, 2019. San Antonio, Texas. Texs Storm.

Now is the lull before the storm. While we are all watching the hockey game, we are being told that a severe thunder storm is on the way. We will get high winds, hail, heavy rain and thunder and lightning. The storm is on the way. In San Antonio, the electricity often stops working. And David said that the satellite signal always goes out. We are expecting to lose the hockey game very soon. The electricity soon to follow. I can already hear the thunder in the distance. While the game is between periods, I will complete my wee blog. Samantha and Allison went to camp today for a week. Today was incredibly hot. David worked in the yard this morning but by noon he said it was too hot. We all stayed in the house all afternoon. The twins drove themselves to camp. Our family is shrinking. Abigail is the only girl at home. Next week, she will work at David's office, which will be her last week of work. Next week she will get organized, ready to spend 5 weeks in Italy, taking a course given by Furman, her University. The course is the Renaissance. They will visit three cities, studying art, architecture and literature. At the end, she will get credit for the course. It is a class I would love to take. Suzanne too. Abigail leaves the week after next. One week later Sarah arrives home from Australia. Allison will work at camp as a counsellor the week after next, and Samantha the week after that. This is a busy family. For two hours this afternoon David and I watched Antiques Road Show. He records them all for me, just in case I missed one or two. Suzanne again cooked all afternoon, using up all the tomatoes from the garden. Then she brought us cheese and crackers to the three of us in the living room. The cheese was sharp Canadian cheddar cheese, given to me by Wendy and Ken. I saved it and brought it to Texas because I knew David loves sharp Canadian cheese. It was a hot. Now we await the storm which should be exciting. I am glad that we are home but I am not sure about the folks at the camp. But I am ready for an exciting Texas storm.

No comments: