Saturday, June 29, 2019

June 29, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Queens County Transit.

This morning I used the new transit system. I called yesterday to be picked up at 10:30, to be taken to the Hockey arena so I could do my walking. A gentleman named Bill was to pick me up in a van. The cost to me was to be $7. Everything worked as planned. Bill picked me up on time, drove me to the arena, then picked me up an hour later to take me home. I was pleased. The transit system was designed to help those older folks be taken to appointments who are not able to drive. The drivers are volunteers. Gill told me that the service was supposed to be for poor people but I was given the information by my friend Bill S. who knows I am not poverty stricken. He knew I could not drive so he told me all about the system. And he encouraged me to use it. So I did and will use them again when I have no house guests. There are taxis in Liverpool but I bet they cost more than $7. round trip. According to my friend Bill S. the new system is short on customers. So I helped them out by using their service. There is no public transportation on the South Shore. Queens County has started this system to allow those who have no car or are unable to drive be able to get places. Lots of people in Queens are poor so the service should be useful. I hope they survive. I certainly enjoyed the service today.

No comments: