Wednesday, June 19, 2019

June 19, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Slippers.

Monday afternoon, Anna, my helper, and I went into town to run errands. First we left Ken's belongings at The Salvation Army Thrift Store. Next we looked at chairs in the Hardware store. We looked outside on their deck and also looked inside. Next we went to the bank so I could withdraw Canadian money. Finally we went to the Arena to set up my membership and to walk. My feet hurt witch is unusual for me but I thought that I had not been walking too far in Texas so perhaps I had not lost conditioning. I only walked 4 laps. And we came home. When I sat on the chair where I take off my shoes and reached for my laces, I discovered that I had been wearing my pink slippers all afternoon. No wonder my feet felt odd. I had just walked one kilometer in slippers. No one noticed. I did not look at my feet and neither did Anna. In the future she will check my feet to be sure I am wearing walking shoes. When I told the story at dinner on Monday evening, and said something about seeming competent, Mary suggested that I used to be competent but probably we are all slipping. Clearly I am not up to snuff when I wear slippers to town. Pretty funny I thought. Just something else to keep me humble.

No comments: