Thursday, June 27, 2019

June 27, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Freezer.

When I arrived, the freezer was not plugged in and it was open, which is how I left it. Usually Mary Mac plugs it in but we had enough freezer space between the two new refrigerators to hold everything that she had purchased for me. My old kitchen fridge was full so everything that was in the freezer had to be pitched. A week after I arrived I asked Anna to plug in the freezer. It made a noise and it seemed to be cooling. A few days later, I put a package of bacon in the freezer and it seemed cold. On Friday Anna and I moved items from the garage freezer to the big freezer. All seemed well. On Monday, Anna and I went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff to be kept in the freezer but when we opened the freezer we discovered that although the freezer was cold, the food was not completely frozen. My freezer of 20 years had given up the ghost. We quickly moved the food to the other freezers. And I called MacPhersons in Liverpool. Sure enough, they had one in stock that fit the space so Wednesday my new freezer was delivered and the old one was removed. The young delivery man commented that it seemed to be a big summer for replacing appliances. We both laughed. I still have a washer and dryer, a microwave and a stove, plus a dishwasher that are all also old. And Dave and Irene want me to replace the microwave and stove right now. So far I am reluctant to replace appliances that are working and I heat my dinner every night in the microwave. But with my luck this summer with appliances, I bet some of the remaining appliances will stop working. This seems to be the year for alliances. I am pleased with the effeciency in town. One phone call with a nice young man and the new appliances arrive and get installed. Pretty good service. But enough is enough.

No comments: