Thursday, June 6, 2019

June 6, 2019. Canyon Lake, Texas. The French Open.

Normally I do not watch much tennis, especially when played on clay. I find the long rally tedious. I want them to do something else than just bash the ball back and forth. But this time at the lake all by myself I have thoroughly enjoyed The French Open. Something has changed. Now I saw drop shots, and even volleys. The matches were for the most part exciting. Ken never enjoyed watching tennis which is probably why we watched so little tennis. Here at the lake, with the tennis channel showing the French Open all day and all evening, I could eat breakfast while watching tennis. I had fun. The programming started at 5:00 in the morning and continued until the night came in Paris, about 3:00 here. Then the whole day was replayed which was perfect for me. Off and on, I watched throughout the day so I was able to watch most of the important matches. In the semi-finals on the mens side we will see the top four seeds, something that is rarely seen. Tomorrow morning Federer and Nadal will play at 7:00 our time. I will eat breakfast watching that match. On the women side there are 2 teenagers playing in the semis. One American I had never hears of. No top seeds on the ladies side. Anything might happen. Perhaps because I have been by myself at the lake, watching the French Open kept me company. I was also reading a book that I kept by my chair on the main room upstairs so I alternated watching, reading and doing chores such as preparing meals. I have had a good week and enjoyed myself. Of course I also had both basketball and hockey playoffs at night. Pretty good for me. My timing has been perfect.

No comments: