Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Living Here in NS.

No wonder I love living here. The house is charming overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I can hear the crashing of the waves all day and all night, even though I may not be looking at the sea. The rhythmic pounding of the waves is somehow or another reassuring that life always goes on. Twilight comes late, which is another pleasure. Now it its almost 9:00 and the sun has not yet set. Last evening it was light past 10. The home itself iS not big but the walls are full of lovely art, all pieces done by Nova Scotia artists. Today I wandered around enjoying every piece. Ken and I purchased every piece together so he is very much part of living here. And this pleases me. Today was a perfect example of life at Western Head. Gill called at 9 to ask is I wanted to come to the grocery store because she was leaving soon. I was not down stairs so by the time I listed to my messages she was home. But I appreciated her gesture. At 4:00, Cliff stopped by to welcome me. We talked for almost an hour. Just as we were saying goodbye outside, Gill stopped by for 15 minutes as she was heading to a meeting at the Marina. And an hour after Gill left, our former cleaning lady stopped by to give me condolences on the passing of Ken. Her husband Bryan died at the beginning of the year so we commiserated together. She had not yet seen the statute of Ken so as she left she inspected it and commented that Ivan did such a good likeness of Ken that it was spookie. She is now back working at McDonalds. So I enjoy the scenery, the house and my friends. The clean air is also a plus. Today the temperature was a pleasant 70. With the breeze, it feels chilly...but still pleasant. I had a good night's sleep and today puttered around. I think I am back to normal. I certainly am enjoying this lovely spot.

No comments: