Sunday, June 2, 2019

June 2, 2019. Canyon Lake, Texas. Sitting on the Deck.

This evening we sat on the deck. Sitting on the deck is lovely especially in the evenings. We look to the east so in the afternoon we are in shade. The wind always comes up a bit so we get no bugs. The temperature is warm enough to be comfortable so after everyone came in from the boat and took a shower, we met on the deck where Suzanne brought out appetizers and we had a drink. We enjoy each others company and we talked about the events of the day. Samantha drove the boat back to the marina with David. And she docked the boat to get gas then parked the boat it the slip. Last week when she did it for the first time she rammed with gas dock. But today was perfect. She was pleased with her progress. Suzanne went tubing today and got a water burn on her arm. Our time on the deck was pleasant. I was on the deck. Samantha and Allison were there along with David and Suzanne and of course Moose. Last week when I was by myself at the lake I sat on the deck most evenings and discovered that sitting with a good view is not as much fun when you are alone. I sat watching the world go by except nothing happened. One evening I saw two boats go by the deck. I took my orange rink onto the deck and it was not easy to stay there by myself. I watched the birds. And I watched the clouds. And I counted the houses on the far shore. The view from the deck is charming but sitting on the deck by myself is not nearly as much fun as sitting talking with the Family. Today was perfect. Good company. Good food and drink. Good weather. Just perfect tonight sitting on the deck.

No comments: