Wednesday, March 11, 2020

March 11, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Las Vegas and Kashina.

Kashina was talked into going to Las Vegas with her sister. The plan was to fly out on Thursday and come home on Sunday night. The sister won this trip at work so the weekend was paid for except for the flight so Kashina agreed to go even though she was anxious. Last Wednesday was her last day working with me so I was without a helper for a week. Kashina was delighted to come back to work this morning. She was early and quickly got to work, changing my bed and doing the laundry. She was a happy camper being back at work. Kashina is not a good traveller. Her visit to Las Vegas was OK, she said but there was too much walking and too many people for her. Her sister seemed to do more things but mostly they ate and wandered around. They did go to the Venice and took a boat ride. She was glad to get home. Kashina is uncomfortable when we drive on a road she does not know. Her world is small so I knew that her going to Las Vegas was a mistake. I knew she would not enjoy herself, which is what happened. Kashina has a life devoted to helping people. She loves her work. She does not work only to make money. She works because it is her life blood. She does not enjoy parties. All she does is work. I have never seen anyone like her. She has several private clients that she visits every day, mostly to help folks bathe or shower. Everyone she works with needs her help and she never lets them down. I benefit by her attitudes. She will do anything to help me. One of her problems about going to Las Vegas was that I was left without helper. Now I could have asked for someone else on Thursday and Sunday, when she would have worked with me, but I told her I could manage by myself. But I missed her and all her help. But she was excited to get to work this morning and to put me in order. She lives to help and she is not a bit interested in traveling to other places. This amazes me. But here she is and she certainly helps a lot of people. I am grateful for her attitudes. I just do not understand it.

No comments: