Sunday, March 8, 2020

March 8, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Brunch.

Molly, Mary Frances, Christina and I had brunch together at Fine & Dandy, the restaurant that is a favorite of all of us, especially Molly. Their menu is limited. We first went there shortly after they opened for business, which would have been four years ago. Ken noted that on their menu were several milkshakes so he convinced us all to order a milkshake as an appetizer. Molly thought it a wonderful idea to eat dessert first so we have been doing it ever since. Of course, this time I drank coffee as I am not eating sugar. My goal is to get my weight under control. We arrived just as they had opened at 11:00 so the first thirty minutes we had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed ourselves. I do not know how long the girls will indulge me by coming out with me for brunch but I certainly enjoy their company. Kate was sleeping as she was working last night. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed. Spring Break started on Friday so everyone was off duty for the coming week so perhaps that made the level of frivolity go up. But we had a good time. I had taken Lyft to meet them and Christina and the girls brought me home. Christina changed all my clocks which I appreciated. Then the girls had a treat from Ken's stash of chocolate. And we talked for another thirty minutes. I am so fortunate to be living in the same city as my grandchildren and daughter in law. They enrich my life. I also hear a lot of stories from school, volleyball and work. Our custom of the family having Sunday brunch together that started in 2008 has survived and is thriving. .Hats off for Ken for his good idea.

No comments: