Sunday, March 22, 2020

March 22, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The New World.

For most people, these restrictions because of the new virus are dramatically different. The worst folks are those who have no job. If you worked in a hotel or restaurant or ball park you have no job. Other people are working from home. Children are working on line with their school work but they need supervising. And many are stuck in foreign countries waiting to get home to either the US or Canada. For many people this new world is a major adjustment in their life. But people are managing. And many are doing clever things to make life interesting. I( saw a video of apartment dwellers all exercising together from their balconies. And an opera singer entertains from the street every afternoon, this giving pleasure to hundreds of folks. My life is not changed much. I can not go to restaurants or movies and New Stage Theater has cancelled everything. Most of the time I am alone anyway. Kashina comes three days a week and stays until 2:00. I continue to go for walks in the neighborhoods. Churches are closed but have services streamed on the internet. My family is impacted. Christina will be teaching by remote, starting this week. Molly will be working at home as will Mary Frances. In Texas, Suzanne must teach her second grade students on line, which will be a trick. And Sarah and Abigail are at the lake. Neither of them have been told to move out off the dorm...yet. They will be working on line, I suspect from the lake. But Sarah and Allison and Samantha have graduations this May. I dought it will happen. This is a bad year to be a senior. But along with everyone else, they are all making the best of the situation. Sarah texted me to say they are having afternoon tea, complete with a beautiful old tea pot and fancy matching cups and saucers. And she sent a picture of a beaming Abigail. So my world has changed but still continues on its merry way. My mantra is This Too Shall Pass!!

No comments: