Wednesday, March 4, 2020

March 4, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Spring.

Sunday was the first day for me to be back in Mississippi. The day was glorious. The sun was shining all day. And the temperature was 70F. Or 17C. Perfect weather. In addition the trees were bursting out with blossoms. I knew that Spring had arrived in Mississippi. What I did not see were any daffodils and I do not know why. Am I too late or too early? I will see. Along with the blossoms here comes rain. Spring is the rainy season. Since Monday, it has been cloudy and rainy. The heavy rains began before midnight last night and continued all night. We had a bad storm in the middle of the night but I slept through it. But it has rained all day which means I can not walk outside. Yesterday Kashina and I walked at Target because the streets were slick. I needed a new pair of slippers so we did our walking at Target, which turns out to be a good place for walking. The isles are wide and when we were there it was not crowded. I am always looking for places to walk inside because Mississippi does have a lot of rain. All day I have been hearing thunder. This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Gregg. Everything is fine with me but we both realized that I had not actually seen her for two years so in order for her to order my medications she must see me to check up on my health. Since I got home from the doctor at noon I have stayed indoors all. There is something delightful being at home in a cosy spot and listen to the rain. I enjoyed my Spring day at home in the rain.

No comments: