Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Sports.

In the twinkling of an eye today, all sporting events were cancelled. Yesterday the basketball league cancelled all games for the rest of the season. The hockey league did it today although they are calling it a pause. The NCAA has cancelled all games and playoffs for the rest of the season. No March Madness. The golf tournament went on as planned today but tomorrow and for the rest off the month the tournaments will be held but without any fans. Now baseball spring training has been cancelled and opening day will be delayed. For those who watch no sports on television there will be no problem but for people like me who watch a bit of many games on a regular basis it will be interesting. And irritating. I have 2 channels devoted to horse racing. I never watch them. Today all the races were being played and there was no talk of canceling anything. This evening, I found the racing channels because it was the only sporting event being played. There were 2 basketball games on TV but they were repeats. Tomorrow I will watch with interest the Players golf tournament where the players will compete but there will be no fans. I am old and I have had health issues so I heard that I should not attend any meetings so I have cancelled an evening with my friends to attend a fund raiser for The New Stage Theater in Jackson. And I probably will not attend BSF. Rita and Ian's daughter, Renee, is now working from home because one of her co workers was found to be positive for the virus. The virus is taking over everyones lives. I just hope the panic does not last too long. Although I could get interested in horse racing.

No comments: