Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Doing a Ken.

In the last few years of Ken's life, he made lots of errors while ordering on Amazon. We laughed about them. Once while we were in Nova Scotia he wanted a new small camera that would fit into his shirt pocket. Of course, he wanted a good one. So he ordered one on his I Pad. But he was not sure if the order went through so he ordered another one. But this time his Parkinson's hands caused him to hit the button twice. So he cancelled that order. He was irritated because he thought he ordered none. But soon a box arrived with a Crest toothpaste on the outside. But inside was a little camers. The next day a similar box appeared, also containing a camera. And yet another came. He had successfully ordered three good cameras. His solution was to leave one in Nova Scotia and take one to Texas and one in Mississippi. He thought it to be a lucky error. Then I asked him to order safeguard soap, which he did. He said he ordered a case, which he said would be six bars of soap. But what he actually did was order six cases of soap, leaving me with 48 bars of Safeguard soap. I gave everyone a package of three bars of soap in their Christmas bags. I still laugh about the stack of soap still in the bathroom closet. I have followed in Ken's footsteps. I decided to order a birthday gift card from Amazon for Kate and Mary Frances. I ordered them and discovered that I had put in the wrong amount, so I did it again. The second one was also wrong. I tried to cancel the second one but no luck. Finally I did it right. I am still not sure what amount I gave the girls for their birthday. Eventually they will tell me. Between my vision and my fingers I can make a mess of ordering on line. But at least the girls finally have a birthday gift from me. Ken would have been pleased and amused by my antics. I just laughed.

No comments: