Saturday, March 14, 2020

March 14, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Piles of paper.

I have been home here in this house for two weeks. Only one pile of papers are yet to be put away. This is progress in action. The first thing I did when attacking the mail was to open the Christmas cards which I enjoyed. Christina had sorted and opened the mail in my absence so on the bar were stacks of sorted mail. I started with the catalogues which were quickly put into the recycle bin. Next were the magazines. I put them in order beside my reading chair. Of course I started reading my new History National Geographic. I will enjoy it myself and will pass it on to Molly who also loves History. Next I sort the large envelopes and set them aside to be dealt with later so I am beginning to get piles of paper, either beside my breakfast chair or over on the couch beside where I read e mails. Lastly I open the envelopes. I open mail while sitting in my breakfast chair because I have a trash can beside me, plus a table where I put papers needing attention. The last pile is on my desk, the ones that Christina place for me to address. So after opening all the mail, I am left with piles everywhere in the living room. One by one I am attending to those piles. Today I addressed the last pile, the one on my desk. Turns out I should have done it first because an appointment with my eye doctor on Tuesday has been cancelled. I only have three papers to figure out what to do. After breakfast I will figure it out. Kashina and I will file the papers I have put on top mod the little file box. Then my piles of paper will be gone. I will again be neat and tidy.

No comments: