Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March 10, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch.

I am on a roll with lunches. Today I had lunch with Kate at Sal & Phils, my favorite, funky little restaurant. A lot had happened since I left in December. Kate moved into her own apartment with a friend from college so as Kate said to me, she is now an adult. I am proud of her. She is working on the cardiology floor of the Mississippi University Hospital so the job is difficult and emotionally draining. And she is evaluating what she will specialize. Perhaps she will become a cardiology nurse expert or perhaps a physician assistant. She has many options and we talked about all of them. I enjoyed having lunch with her. When she brought me home and came into the house, she commented that this home is really lovely. And I agreed. On Monday I had lunch with Eleanor, Greta Barbour and Christina at Amerigo, a fine Italian restaurant. I had not seen my friends since I had been home so we had much to catch up. Eleanor reported that their electricity was out for three days. By the end, Eleanor said she was grumpy. Without electricity they have no water. Not fun. Greta Barbour thinks she will join Christina in Nova Scotia this summer. As a treat, she will take only her youngest child, who is just a bit younger than Molly. Our food was excellent. I ate salmon while everyone else ordered pasta, which they took half home. To celebrate we all had dessert. I ate ice cream which I assume has no sugar. On Friday I had lunch with Christina and we had a good time. I never spend time with just Christina all by herself so it was a pleasure for me. We gave Andrew and Christina a table years ago, which is actually a music stand. It sat it their Tv room in the corner. I have a tremor in my right hand which gives me trouble when I hold a book or magazine so Christina brought that little table with her and set up my corner so I can place my magaZine or book on the music stand. It works like a charm. So thanks for Christina. My drill has been to take Lyft to the restaurant then get a ride home. I pay the bill and have a wonderful time as does everyone else. Pretty good system I have developed for myself.

No comments: