Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Box.

The box arrived on Monday afternoon. It was expected on Friday but eventually UPS delivered the box to my front door. I was delighted to receive it. The box came from Ontario, sent to me by Wonderful Wendy. My plan was to send the clothes I had purchased in Liverpool sent back to me in Mississippi but my brother Dave suggested I leave them and use them the next time. So I did. But that left cards and gifts to be shipped to me. I had so much fun opening the box. Wendy gave me a mug with a picture of the Nova Scotia sculpture of Ken. I opened it first. I love it all over again. The gift was a big surprise when I opened it at Christmas but I enjoyed it all over again. I laughed out loud with joy. And I drank my breakfast tea with the cup. I was given wonderful socks and enjoyed looking at them again. Norm and Diane gave me a wonderful pair of socks where both socks are different. I will have fun wearing them. "So many books. So little time", is on one pair. And another pair that is just fun. And I took time to read the cards. Alana invited me to afternoon tea. She wrote the invitation herself along with the envelope, all written with beautiful calligraphy. Also in the box were my own black wool socks now safely back in my drawer. My Christmas stocking was filled by Dave with useful objects, which my case was too full to take to Mexico so now I have those to use here. I had Christmas all over again, thanks to Wendy for sending me the box.

No comments: