Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March 3, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Olive Garden.

I was astonished. Today, Kashina and I ate lunch at The Olive Garden. In Canyon Lake Ken and I often ate at an Olive Garden restaurant, which was fine. But this restaurant in Ridgeland is trying hard to bring you back. We brought our leftovers home plus I ordered one dish to take home that costs $5. We both came home with two extra meals. Total cost per meal was $6.50 per meal. Amazing. The menu is confusing but our waitress was helpful. So if you order one of the lunch specials, you also get unlimited salad or soup. We requested salad. Immediately hot bread and a large bowl of salad appeared which was enough for four. Then came our entree, eggplant parmagiano for me and chicken Alfredo for Kashina. We both ate half. And we could only ate half the salad so Kashina took it home. Then I ordered the cheese Zita to take home. And the food was good. So we both came home with extra meals, which when I calculated would cost $6.50 for each meal. Clearly, they are trying hard to keep the patrons happy. Some place on the menu Kashina saw an item for $5. You could order unlimited soup or salad plus hot bread for that price. Next time we might get it. No wonder the place was almost full.. The food was excellent. Plus you have extra food for home. Pretty good.

No comments: