Saturday, March 21, 2020

March 21, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Thermostats.

I never know when to switch the thermostats from heat to cool. I check the weather and think about it. And I think about it some more. Eventually I discovered why I seem unable to make a decision and that is because Ken always controlled the thermostats so I never changed the settings. I early observed that Ken was sensitive to interior air and interior temperature. He was always opening or closing windows or turning heat up or down. My solution to be comfortable was to put on or take off garments. If the room was cool I put on a sweater. So Ken always controlled the windows and the thermostats. I never touched them. All was well in our homes and I was perfectly happy with the situation. We never had any conversations about thermostats. It just happened. But now Ken is not here to control the thermostats. So I am left to worry. Before we came home, Christina set the temperatures to 74. They were on heat but at 55. They stayed at 74 until Wednesday. Some days were warm in the house but I would look at the forecast to see that we will have cooler temperatures tomorrow so I left them alone. But on Wednesday we were to have 2 days over 80 so I decided to switch the thermostats to cool, at 76. Kashina actually changed all three for me. Even with my reading glasses it is difficult to change the controls. The house is comfortable. But tonight will be cool so I probably should turn on the heat. But I am reluctant to do it. After over 60 years of never touching the thermostats I seem reluctant to start. Today I used my old tactic of just putting on a fleece jacket to keep warm. Tomorrow when Kashina arrives I will ask her if she is chilly. If she is, I will get her to turn the thermostats back to heat. By mid week, we will return to 80 so perhaps I can just leave them alone. Somehow I must get over this fobia with thermostats, But not tonight. If the house gets too cool I will add another quilt on my bed.

No comments: