Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. O. A. N.

When I was in Mexico I read an article that referred to the channel O.A.N. I had never heard of it and as the channel selections in our condo are limited I could not find it. When I got home, I forgot about it because I was getting to know again all my favorite old channels. I like the Rural channel, Smithsonian, National Geographic, PBS, Olympic channel, Fox and of course all the sports channel. With a push of a button I could pull up basketball, tennis, baseball, golf, volleyball, and two hockey channels. But then the games were not being played so all I could watch were replays which somehow I do not like. So I explored all the channels and discovered O.A.N. One America Nation is what it is called. It is a conservative channel. Most commentators are young and opinionated and very good. One young lady is a spitfire who has just published a book, Tipping Point. So now when I am searching for news I always flip to OAN along with a couple of others that I have discovered. Newsy is another I enjoy and also just discovered. I try not to watch much news on TV but when I can not find anything also, I look for news. Now I always check out OAN because there is always something interesting being discussed. They were the first group to talk about the opening up the economy where the number of virus cases is low. For instance, Nebraska has 3 cases in the whole state yet the economy has been shut down. Had the virus not been an issue, I might never have discovered this new excellent channel. Something good comes from everything.

No comments: