Saturday, March 21, 2020

March 20, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Routines.

Since I turned 70, I have had the same routine. After dinner at home, I would either read or watch TV. The last thing I did before retiring was to write my little blog. Once in the middle of the night, I remembered that I had forgotten so I got out of bed to complete my task. My routine never changed. Except for last night. Wonderful Wendy texted me this morning on the 21st to ask. I could not recall what I wrote and realized that I had totally forgotten to write one. The reason was that my routine got altered. Christina, Molly and Mary Frances came for dinner. Both girls were home all week for their second Spring Break. I suggested we dine here. Molly had her first taste of on line education so I was interested to talk with her about it. I had food here but Christina suggested she stop at Amerigo and pick up dinner. The restaurants have no one eating in the restaurants but they have cleverly started a new on line menu for families. So you order on line, either from their new family menu or from their regular fare. Then you pick up the food and bring it home. Christina did not want to use up my food. "You might need it," she said. For $25. we ate dinner for four of pasta and chicken and bread. It was delicious and we enjoyed our time together and the good food. And Christina put leftovers in little containers for the freezer. They came early and we chatted. After dinner we talked again. I was so pleased with their company that my whole routine went out the window. After they left I sat and read e mails. When it was late, I went to bed. Now I must look at my nightly medications to see if I forgot them too. Interesting. So now Wendy knows what happened to my wee web log. I just forgot to write it.

No comments: