Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 5, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My Neighbor.

My neighbors, Sandy and Archie, are selling their house. When they returned home from North Carolina they gave me the news. Archie fell just the day before they were to drive home. Their patio is down a long flight of stairs which Archie has not been able to use, so they decided to sell. The whole time I was in Mexico the house was getting everything fixed up. In fact my handyman Chantes and his crew did all the work. Now It is officially on the market. Before I left in December, Sandy asked me for advice but I kept my mouth shut. I urged her to interview two agents and select the one you like and who has the best record in this subdivision. And I gave her the name of my agent, Susan. But she selected someone else. And I urged her to stage the house and remove furniture. They have bought another house in Madison, just a 5 minute drive up the road. The yard is level and the master bedroom is on the first floor. They are pleased. In Mississippi, people tend to price their houses too high, which means the houses sit on the market for ages. Susan does not do that which is why I suspect they selected another agent. I do not know the listing price but as the house is not being mobbed with agents and buyers, I suspect the price is too high. And I have not seen furniture being removed for storage so I suspect the house was not staged. The home is lovely and overlooks the reservoir, but the house has too much furniture. I had great difficulty getting around. But I have been careful to keep my mouth shut. I know nothing about this real estate market, and my information in general is out of date. I wish them well. But I expect that this house will not sell any time soon. I will watch.

No comments: