Sunday, March 1, 2020

March 1, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Observations.

In years past, the only staff members who were friendly were the good folks at Southwest Airlines. But yesterday every worker at United was friendly and helpful. Sometimes they actually accommodated me to make my life easier. This is a big change from the past when airline staff were mostly unfriendly. But not yesterday. It was all smiles and helpfulness. I saw 8 men wearing a holder for documents and boarding passes hanging around their neck. I had not ever seen that before. Is this a trend? The food was excellent. Since I am old and somewhat infirm, I splurge and travel either business or first class. Mostly the food was forgettable. Yesterday they food was excellent: Thai chicken with pasta and a salad. Delicious. I was surprised. Houston has a bad system to managing those folks like me who travel in a wheelchair. I have not liked it in the past and it was worse yesterday. Fortunately, I know to give myself a long time between planes. We landed from PV at 4:00. I finally was at my gate to Jackson at at 6:00. In other wo4ds, a 2 hour layover would have made me miss my flight. The airport is too big that they have helpers restricted to one area. So you are carried to a holding area where eventually another person takes you to the next holding area. I finally persuaded/bribed one young woman to take me all the way to my gate. And she did. I was happy. And I was happy to be home. My stay at Playa was delightful as was any visit to Ancaster. I have been gone for two and a half months. I was ready to be home.

No comments: