Friday, March 6, 2020

March 6, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Sal & Phils.

We drove by this restaurant for years and we never went it. One day someone told us that it had good food so we went for brunch with the family. But we never went back. Then on the Friday evening after Ken died, friend John came to visit with David. Their plan was to smoke a cigar together and talk about Ken. When he arrived, he came with a cooler of fresh oysters on the half shell, all on ice. Eventually, Suzanne joined the men and they sat on our lower deck and paid a tribute to Ken. When they came up, we ate dinner together. The twins were with us so the six of us had a wonderful time together. And the Oysters were delicious. The oysters had come from Sal & Phils. On the Sunday, David was the only one still with me, so in order to teach me how to use Lyft, we went to Sal & Phils for lunch. We went to Sal & Phils. The first thing we ordered was oysters on the half shell. Next we ordered oysters heated on the grill with butter and parmesan cheese. They too were delicious. Next we ordered shrimp to peel. I have been returning to that restaurant ever since. Today Christina and I ate lunch at Sal & Phils. First we ate the warm oysters. Even Linda, when I took here there in the Fall, who does not like oysters ate two...and liked them. They are delicious. Tasty and succulent. Their luncheon special never change but are all good. Both of us ate sautéed snapper with potatoes and squash. Snapper is my favorite but everything on the list is good. This restaurant has become my favorite. It has been there for many years and is not fancy but their food is excellent. Make sure I take you to Sal & Phils when you visit me. I invite my friends there for lunch. It is a special, ordinary restaurant.

No comments: