Thursday, October 1, 2020

October 1, 2020. San Antonio, Texas. La Rhonda.

San Antonio is a restaurant town. There are hunbdreds of restaurants everywhere both close in town and in the outer suburbs. David and Suzanne's new home is just two blocks from 6 good restaurants. As they had a meeting with the construction coordinator at 4:30, David suggested we dine at La Rhonda, a good Mexican restaurant. I had eaten there years ago but I was startled to discover that we drove for 3 minutes and then we were there. When Suzanne is weary of cooking in their tiny home, they can easily walk the two blocks to La Rhonda for dinner. Lucky them. The weather was delightful yesterday so we asked to sit in the patio, which is charming. I had never eaten outside at La Rhonda because we are not usually here in September but last evening was perfect for outside dining. Ther food is excellent and the service quick and pleasant. Next time we go I will order the same dish as David ate, which was a fairly thin steak, grilled and served with a small amount of a sauce. My dinner was good and I brought half of it home and ate the leftovers for lunch. I am looking forward to dining at La Rhonda very soon. Perhaps next time I will be staying in their new home or perhaps we will get there next week. No matter soon or later, I will enjoy myself at La Rhonda. It is a great restaurant.

No comments: