Friday, October 30, 2020

October 30, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Test.

Today I saw effeciency in action. The test was a wonder to behold. Forrest, my Lyft driver, picked me up at 8:35. The Baptist clinic was on Old Canton Road in Jackson, a place I had driven past hundreds of times but never noticed. But the GPS took us right there. At 8:55 we drove in and followed directions, which was to call the number to tell them we were there, which we did. We waited three minutes. My appointment was for 9:00. While I was waiting I called them back with a couple of questions, which they answered. They did not need any cards as my name and dates were already in the system. I must only isolate until I receive the results. Unfortunately, this comes on the weekend so I will not get results until Monday. But when I am at home, my helper can come and stay in the next room. Same for the cleaning lady on Monday. No restaurants or shopping. Too many people. As soon as I got off the phone, a nurse appeared and while I sat in the car, she swabbed my nostril. She was all gowned up with gloves and mask. And I wore a mask too. The test took two minutes. We drove home and were there at 9:15. For sure, that was the most effecient test I have ever had. I was pleaased. As I have no sign of any illness, I feel sure I will test negative. But I await the result. I can check my chart on the internet on Monday to find out how I did. If I did test positive the nurse will call. That would not be good. But for the moment, all is well.

No comments: