Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My Day.

I look ridiculous. On my feet are my heaviest wool socks and Ken's fleece slippers. I am wearing my night shirt plus a flannels large nightshirt that used to be Kens. This is all to keep me warm. Today had a high of 63. Right now it is 51 and soon will drop to 48. I should turn on the heat. But tomorrow will be a mild 73 and the day before will get to 83 so I hate to turn on the heat, only to turn back the air conditioner. So I am wearing my winter clothes. The house itself is not really cold at 72 but I know it will get colder. I was watching the baseball game with a wool blanket on my legs. This day feels like a Nova Scotia day. This morning I had coffee with friend Carrie who lives down the street. Then I had lunch with Eleanor, where she look me to lunch which was a lovely treat. Finally Christina and Molly came over after school. I had ordered too much applesauce so they came to pick up the extra case. And she fixed my repeat order. Whew. And we planned our Thanksgiving dinner and cancelled our annual party the first week in December. We made a date to take Molly shopping for her birthday gift and Christina read several pieces I did not understand. We made great strides. And we also had a good visit. My day was full and pleasant. To top it off, I have been watching baseball. Houston won, to force a 7th game in the series. If the Dodgers win their game, there will be a second 7th game. That game is still being played but I am hopeful. My day was everything a person would want an 82 year old to have. And I am grateful.

No comments: